Updated: 22/02/2018 916 words ⏰ 4 minutes
>>> Ho Chi Minh Airport Transfer
>>> How to get from Ho Chi Minh Airport to city center
Where is Ho Chi Minh – Tan Son Nhat Airport? How to move to Tan Son Nhat Airport? Check-in procedure? What are the services of Tan Son Nhat Airport?
In this blog, DiChungTaxi will help you answer those questions and give you the latest information about Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
Tan Son Nhat Airport (Source: Trixitravel)
Table of content
> Transfer between Tan Son Nhat Airport and Ho Chi Minh City
Tan Son Nhat Airport (Sân bay Tân Sơn Nhất) is one of the three largest international airports in Vietnam, it is an important traffic hub of the south.
Located in Tan Binh district, 8 km far from the north of Ho Chi Minh city, with an area of 850 hectares, Tan Son Nhat Airport is the most busy airport in Vietnam. The airport code is SGN (IATA code) and VVTS (ICAO code).
Tan Son Nhat Airport has two passenger terminals: Domestic Terminal with an area of 40.048m2 and International Terminal with an area of 93.228m2. The maximum capacity is over 13 million domestic passengers and 12 million international passengers per year.
Tan Son Nhat Airport is also equipped with security, modern equipment, safe navigation, road system, parking lot and garden.
Airplane parking at Tan Son Nhat Airport (Source: BizHub)
Convenient services at Tan Son Nhat Airport
Tan Son Nhat Airport is currently providing the following utility services:
1. Banking and ATM services: Vietin Bank service opposite D2 (domestic terminal). There are six ATMs on the ground floor, opposite D2 (domestic terminal); four at column 14, one at column 3 – ground floor (international terminal)
2. Medical Services: All department are open 24 hours per day
– Domestic medical Clinic: Lobby in the middle of departure and arrival, near D2 (domestic terminal)
– International Medical Clinic (departure): Near the departure gate No. 18
– International Medical Clinic (arrival): Ground floor, door A2, next to Mai Linh taxi service
– Medical clinic gate 17: Ground floor below gate 17
3. Luggage Storage: Located at Columns 13 & 14, international terminal ground floor (arrival). Open from 7 a.m to 11 p.m
4. Play area: Children's play area is located on the second floor of the isolation, international terminal (departure).
5. Baggage/Luggage Packing:
- Domestic terminal: near D2; near the escalator to the departure gate; opposite to A & B counter procedure
- International terminal: near D1 and D2 entrance
6. Money exchange (international terminal): near the departure gate number 17,18; opposite counter procedure D (departure); behind police counter (arrival); international arrival hall (exit)
7. Free wifi: Both terminals are equipped with free wifi service, operate all day. ID: TSN Free Wifi Express
8. Free Charge: The domestic terminal is equipped with a free charge service at the following locations:
– Door D1, opposite to Vietnam Airlines' automated check-in kiosk
– Vietjet Air's waiting room, opposite departure door 16 & 17
– 1st floor opposite security area
– 1st floor, waiting room, opposite departure door 10 – 11 and 11 – 12
9. Seat & Sleep Service: While waiting for the flight, passengers can rest in this area or rent a rest room located on 2nd floor of the isolated, departure international terminal, near gate 21 – 22.
Tan Son Nhat Airport's Waiting Room (Source: Soha.vn)
10. VIP lounge:
VIP and CIP lounge at Tan Son Nhat International Airport include:
– Domestic Terminal: two VIP lounges in the 2nd floor of isolation area, departure
– International Terminal: six lounges in 1st and 3rd floor of isolation area, departure
Check-in procedure (Source: SongViet)
For Domestic terminal: Passengers are present at the airport at least 60 minutes before the flight to carry out procedure. The procedure counter will close 40 minutes before the flight.
For International terminal: Passengers are present at the airport at least 120 minutes before the flight to carry out procedure. The procedure counter will close 50 minutes before the flight.
The counter D1, D2, D3 are located in 2F, 2nd floor of Tan Son Nhat Airport terminal.
Transfer between Tan Son Nhat Airport and Ho Chi Minh City
To move to Tan Son Nhat Airport, passengers can choose from motorbikes, buses, coaches and airport taxis.
Tan Son Nhat Airport Taxi (Source: ThanhTraVietNam)
– Airport Taxi: You should choose some reputable taxi companies such as Mai Linh, Airport Taxi, Sai Gon Taxi, Vinataxi, … or book from Grab/Uber. Alternatively, you can use DichungTaxi service with price only from 90.000 VND per trip
– Airport bus: There are currently four bus lines through Tan Son Nhat Airport
+ Route 152 (Trung Son residential area – Tan Son Nhat airport)
+ Route 109 (23/9 Park – Tan Son Nhat Airport)
+ Route 119 (Mien Tay Bus Station – Tan Son Nhat Airport)
+ Route 49 (district 1 – Tan Son Nhat Airport)
The three buses 152, 109, 119 with the price from 6.000 to 12.000 VND/trip. Only bus 49 is not subsidized at 40.000 VND/trip.
– Motorbike or car: You can park your vehical at the Tan Son Nhat Airport's parking lot with the price from 5.000 to 10.000VND for motorbike, 10.000 – 30.000VND for car.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Address: Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Tel: +84 8 3848 5383 – Hotline: (+84) 083848 5634
Fax: +84 3848 7450
Founded in 2013, DichungTaxi is an online booking service across Vietnam.
We provide three types of transport service:
1) A private car or taxi
2) A shared taxi
3) Half-day and one day tours by car
In 2017, DichungTaxi is available in 20 Airports & 40 cities across all Vietnam